Future Imperfect: Best of Wily Writers, Volume 2
- Genre: speculative fiction
- Year edited: 2011
- Year first published: 2012
Where You Can Find It
- Paperback: Amazon.com (12.95)
- Ebook formats, including Kindle, PDF, etc. Smashwords in numerous e-book formats including Kindle and PDF.
The futures of which we’re now dreaming are taking on new twists and turns of the imagination. One could easily say that each of the stories in this volume take place in the future where magic has returned, technology has abandoned us, aliens have invaded us, or we ourselves have evolved—or devolved—beyond our ability to predict.
This volume collects Year #2’s best of the best speculative fiction published in 2010 at WilyWriters.com.
It includes the following stories:
- “Loathsome Alyce” by Sheila Crosby
- “Memory in the Time of Bones” by Nathan Crowder
- “Complete Artistic Control” by Bruce Boston
- “Miriam’s Song” by Larry Lefkowitz
- “9 Curzon Place” by Daniel W. Powell
- “She’s a Liquid” by Ever Dundas
- “Aftershocks” by Craig D.B. Patton
- “Outsourced” by Shelly Li
- “Absolution” by Matt Adams
- “Grandmonster” by Sasha Janel McBrayer
- “The Tunnel” by Matt Cowens
- “Reckoning” by Bruce Golden
- “Stuff of the Elder Gods” by K.C. Ball
- “The Time-share” by Fred Warren
- “A Necessity of the Present” by Jeremy Zimmerman
- “Puppet Play” by Kelli D. Meyer
Also check out Night-Mantled: Best of Wily Writers, Volume One.