- SCIENCE FICTION
Out of the darkness come the monsters, the mysteries, and the miracles that engage our minds and engorge our hearts.
This collection of short stories from exceptionally wily writers will take you from looking over your shoulder to pondering the wonders of the universe and back again.
The WilyWriters.com Speculative Fiction podcast chooses only the best two stories per month from its submissions and records them for your listening pleasure.
This volume collects Year #1’s best of the best.
- Alan Baxter: “Stand Off”
- Jennifer Brozek: “Honoring the Dead”
- SatyrPhil Brucato: “I Feel Lucky”
- Nathan Crowder: “Ink Calls to Ink”
- Richard E. Dansky: “Small Cold Thing”
- Seanan McGuire: “Julie Broise and the Devil”
- Lisa Morton:“Sane Reaction”
- Ripley Patton: “A Speck in the Universe”
- Grant Stone: “The Salt Line”
- Joel A. Sutherland: “The Death of Captain Eugene Bloodcake and the Fall of the Horrid Whore”
- Bruce Taylor: “The Prey”
- Mark W. Worthen: “The Minimart, the Ruger, and the Girl”