Love gets twisted and tangled when a young medical intern begins to suspect his girlfriend is cheating on him. He takes it upon himself to follow her, but when he finds out she’s involved in a dark cult, his plans for the future experience a gut-wrenching shift.
She’s a hacker with a disabled son, living in a martial state. The future looks dark, with no promise of relief from the tyranny, and when her son’s life is threatened, the mother must fight back using whatever means necessary.
Read an excerpt.
Now available for Kindle
Eduard Jarole has an artist’s heart and the insane obsession with creating that drives so many masters. He’s broke, lonely, and more than a little agoraphobic, so he follows in the footsteps of Pygmalion and creates his own true love out of marble. Unfortunately, his creation doesn’t love him as much as he loves her.
Read an excerpt.
Now available for Kindle.
- Genre: speculative fiction
- Year written: various
- Year first published: 2012
Where You Can Find It
- Paperback: Amazon.com (12.95)
- Ebook formats, including Kindle, PDF, etc. Smashwords in numerous e-book formats including Kindle and PDF.
The futures of which we’re now dreaming are taking on new twists and turns of the imagination. One could easily say that each of the stories in this volume take place in the future where magic has returned, technology has abandoned us, aliens have invaded us, or we ourselves have evolved—or devolved—beyond our ability to predict.
This volume collects Year #2’s best of the best speculative fiction published in 2010 at WilyWriters.com.
It includes the following stories:
- “Loathsome Alyce” by Sheila Crosby
- “Memory in the Time of Bones” by Nathan Crowder
- “Complete Artistic Control” by Bruce Boston
- “Miriam’s Song” by Larry Lefkowitz
- “9 Curzon Place” by Daniel W. Powell
- “She’s a Liquid” by Ever Dundas
- “Aftershocks” by Craig D.B. Patton
- “Outsourced” by Shelly Li
- “Absolution” by Matt Adams
- “Grandmonster” by Sasha Janel McBrayer
- “The Tunnel” by Matt Cowens
- “Reckoning” by Bruce Golden
- “Stuff of the Elder Gods” by K.C. Ball
- “The Time-share” by Fred Warren
- “A Necessity of the Present” by Jeremy Zimmerman
- “Puppet Play” by Kelli D. Meyer
Also check out Night-Mantled: Best of Wily Writers, Volume One.
- Barnes & Noble Online
- Ebook in numerous forms including Kindle and PDF.
- SCIENCE FICTION
Out of the darkness come the monsters, the mysteries, and the miracles that engage our minds and engorge our hearts.
This collection of short stories from exceptionally wily writers will take you from looking over your shoulder to pondering the wonders of the universe and back again.
The WilyWriters.com Speculative Fiction podcast chooses only the best two stories per month from its submissions and records them for your listening pleasure.
This volume collects Year #1’s best of the best.
- Alan Baxter: “Stand Off”
- Jennifer Brozek: “Honoring the Dead”
- SatyrPhil Brucato: “I Feel Lucky”
- Nathan Crowder: “Ink Calls to Ink”
- Richard E. Dansky: “Small Cold Thing”
- Seanan McGuire: “Julie Broise and the Devil”
- Lisa Morton:“Sane Reaction”
- Ripley Patton: “A Speck in the Universe”
- Grant Stone: “The Salt Line”
- Joel A. Sutherland: “The Death of Captain Eugene Bloodcake and the Fall of the Horrid Whore”
- Bruce Taylor: “The Prey”
- Mark W. Worthen: “The Minimart, the Ruger, and the Girl”
My latest project is the Dire Multiverse audio drama! It is produced by Games Omniverse in conjunction with Wily Writers.
It is a horror/paranormal romp in an ever-expanding world and consciousness, an enlightenment adventure with an ensemble cast of characters all coming to terms with the revelation that magic is real.
Have a listen to the first episode, an introduction to the story.