We take privacy seriously and will never sell or share your information. We use it only to contact you about our products and only until we receive notice that you no longer wish us to do so.
This notice is for this website; AngelMcCoy.com owned by Angel Leigh McCoy at 9041 Phinney Ave. N., Seattle, WA, 98103 and governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
“I” or “The Website” refers to Angel Leigh McCoy.
“you”, “the user” refers to the user of the Website.
GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically. We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we are only processing personal data for our core business purposes and we do not store it ourselves, but rely on third-party services to do so.
Third-Party Services We Use and Their Privacy Policies:
- MailChimp.com (newsletter sign-up): https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Bookfunnel.com (book orders): https://bookfunnel.com/privacy/
- Paypal.com (book orders): https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Patreon.com (patronage perks): https://www.patreon.com/privacy
Lawful basis: Consent
- The reason we use this basis: You gave us consent to use your data when you bought or negotiated to buy a book from my website and/or signed up to receive my newsletter.
- We process your information in the following ways: To send you a book and keep you updated with special offers and news about my books.
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information until you request we remove you or we fail to reach you.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Our website may contain adverts, sponsored and affiliate links on some pages. These are served through our advertising partners: Google AdSense, Facebook, Amazon Affiliates, or are served through our own means.
Clickable sponsored or affiliate links may be displayed as a website URL like this; www.kwillbooks.com or as a titled text link like this: Bookshops in Cambridge
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. We might earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through the third-party services listed in that section above.
Here are privacy policies for other third-party services we may use to contact you:
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
- Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATED FEB 2019